Step 1- Access the Database
- Go to Virginia.sportsaffinity.com
- Use the login you received at training
- If you were not able to attend training, Club Representative should call the Help Center to receive their username and password at 855-703-2564.
- Affinity entered all Club Admins given to them by VYSA, but if there is a difference or new Admin, please contact Krista Lenzmeier at firstname.lastname@example.org first.
Step 2- Setting up your Season
- Set up age groups and play levels that you will be using for the season.
- Turn on your online registration so your coaches/admins can log into Affinity and run their background check if needed.
- Instructions can also be found on page 13 of the “Getting Started Guide”
Step 3- Create Teams
- Create Teams via the Team Create option (best for single team creation) or Team Creation Matrix (best for creating multiple teams at once)
- Instructions can also be found on page 16 of the “Getting Started Guide”
Step 4- Add Players (Via Upload or Manual entry)
- Via the Upload function if you do NOT want to roster players manually onto teams, the teams will need to be created first. The Affinity Team ID will need to be included in the Upload Template in order for players to be attached to the team. We will upload players onto the corresponding team based on the ID submitted.
- If you are manually adding players, they will need to be manually rostered to their team.
- Instructions for manually entering players can also be found on page 26 of the “Getting Started Guide”
NOTE: If utilizing Blue Sombrero registration/integration you do not need to create teams in Affinity. If you have already created teams and players in BSB they will be pushed to Affinity via the integration.
Step 5- Change Play Level of Team
Once teams are created and rosters are complete make sure to change the play level of the team to the corresponding League that you will be sending them to.*
Play Level = Leagues
- ADSL–Advanced Development Soccer League
- BRSL–Blue Ridge Soccer League
- CCL-Club Champions League
- EPDConf– USYS National League EDP Conference
- MSL-Metro Soccer League
- NCSL-National Capital Soccer League
- NLCT–VA Non-League Cup Teams
- ODSL–Old Dominion Soccer League
- SCSL–Skyline Club Soccer League
- VSLI–Virginia Soccer League Inc.
- Recreational–general rec play level (all rec players will use this definition)
- *Travel–general competitive play level– all travel teams must change the play level of the team to the league in which they will participate
Step 6- Verify Activation Requirements
- Make sure that Players have a Birth Certificates and valid photos in their profile(s).
- Make sure Admins have Photos and an ‘Approved’ risk status in their profile.
- Double check the ‘Activation’ tab and make sure that your team is in good standing. This will be confirmed if a green check mark appears on the Activation tab.
- If you see a red ‘X’ on the Activation tab make sure to fix the errors before sending it to your Assigned League Registrar for approval.
Step 8- Ready to print!
Once team has been Activated by your ALR, cards and rosters will be available to print for the season.